Saturday, January 19, 2013

And then I bid you farewell....

When I started this blog back in September of 2009 it was to motivate me to shop my own closet.
It didn't really work - my closets were still bulging at the seams.
And still I blogged.
Because of you.

I shared with you my outfits, my thrift finds and my thoughts.
I told you about my kids and husband and how much I adore my family.
I brought you with us on our journeys and adventures ~ and we had quite the time didn't we?
You all saw me through a job change, a life change, and the return of an old/new career.
You showed your support and enthusiasm when I started my first solo business venture.
You were all with me through the loss of my grandfather and somehow made the emptiness feel...well, not so empty.
And of course you were always there for all the little things inbetween.

For a while now I've toyed with shuttering this blog ~ but I know I would miss you all too much.
But I'm no longer here for the reasons I first was.
Shopping The Closet doesn't fit anymore, and for months I have been trying to figure out how to make it all feel "right" again.
I've also thought that I gave up on my shop too soon ~ not because I wanted to, but because my new job wasn't affording me the time to juggle both.

But....

There's a happy ending to this post.
While this is the last time I am posting to Shopping The Closet, I am starting a new blog and a new shop called

The shop?
Trinkets, treasures and found items for the home and entertaining.
All secondhand, of course!
My fabulous sister in law will be selling her art and other handmade items.
We hope to be open for March 1, 2013.

The blog? 
All about the things I fill my life with - food, entertaining and finding the pretty in this amazing thing called life.

You can also find me on twitter @ballyhoobedbugs and on Instagram @ballyhooandbedbugs

I hope you will join me on my new journey.

And before I go, let me say
Thank you
for your warmth and friendship for the past 3 years, 4 and a half months.
I value it more than you could know.

xo,
Eleanor




13 comments:

  1. Eleanor good luck with your new venture, I'll be sure to follow your blog.
    I wish all the best to your and your wonderful family.
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lead the way, I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to miss your blogs but it looks like you won't be too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to see you leave this blog - I'll def be checking out the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already updated my blog following. I have enjoyed getting to know you through this blog for the past few years and I will follow you on your new adventures.

    Thank you for the company- even all the way across the country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In understand Eleanor and off course I will follow you on your new adventures. Good luck to you!!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why did I have a feeling that was coming...so hard to juggle it all right?
    Can't wait for this new adventure..I love home stuff and it is so hard to find cool pieces- Can't wait and of course I will be following along...
    Playdate soon please...things are settling..although now I am getting busy w work...but I can always steal away for shopping and/or wine:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your life and I am looking forward to check in at your new blog.
    Bisou Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. "All about the things I fill my life with - food, entertaining and finding the pretty in this amazing thing called life" Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Retail therapy can turn into a major amount of extra stuff so I like the idea of shopping your own closet. But it is also good you have grown beyond the original concept into starting something new and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really don't no why you had decided to stop working here. If you have time for new blog than why not on Shopping the closet, where you already share yor life experinces with your freinds.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.